Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Left-Brained, Day One

You're left-brained, right?
Thats why your here?
Happy dance. O_O

Really, no! Look over here in laney-land! Keep your eyes off of Add-land and FOCUS on me!! Okay, thats good. Now, according to Add I'm supposed to welcome you to....
Laney-Land! Duhduhduhduuuh!
Sounds extravegent, no? If your here that means your left-brained and your looking to allow your brain to see the GOOD part of life.

Add: Shhh!
Laney: Oh yeah.

No, I didn't mean that...allow your brain to see the other (and slightly better) way of life.

Add: *Facepalm*

Anyway, I'm going to lay out the rules of Laney-land. Because if you've made it this far you're going to stay, right? You're captivated. Unable to even think of Add-land.
Rats.
I knew this wouldn't work, Add.

Add: I thought you were right brained. Act like it. Keep an open mind.
Laney: Fine.

Okay, let us begin. Oh yeah, the rules.

Number one: KEEP AN OPEN MIND.

Add: Your terrific at that.
Laney: Oh untwist your panty hoes.

Number two: THAT'S ALL.

Now let's open those unused passages in that mind  and begin.
O.o

Things I do (and some of the stuff you should to) as a marvelous Right-brained genius:
Waste my time on this blog.
Read.
Write.
Complain.
Wait for people to actually read this blog.
And...
Twidle my thumbs.
Doodle randomly and with recksle abandon.
And that is all.

Although staring at the "viewers" insignia on thi blog for a full two hour probably isn't something I'd encourage (Me? Nah...) try some of that stuff out.
You might suprise yourself.

I shall now procede to write something, anything about those activities. This might take a couple of posts.

I'll skip a few. ;)

Read:

A few, maveloooous books:

Scifi and fantasy for kids-young adults:

Ready Player One,  a distopian novela where nothing is as it seems.

It's the year 2044, and the real world is an ugly place.

Like most of humanity, Wade Watts escapes his grim surroundings by spending his waking hours jacked into the OASIS, a sprawling virtual utopia that lets you be anything you want to be, a place where you can live and play and fall in love on any of ten thousand planets.

And like most of humanity, Wade dreams of being the one to discover the ultimate lottery ticket that lies concealed within this virtual world. For somewhere inside this giant networked playground, OASIS creator James Halliday has hidden a series of fiendish puzzles that will yield massive fortune--and remarkable power--to whoever can unlock them.

For years, millions have struggled fruitlessly to attain this prize, knowing only that Halliday's riddles are based in the pop culture he loved--that of the late twentieth century. And for years, millions have found in this quest another means of escape, retreating into happy, obsessive study of Halliday's icons. Like many of his contemporaries, Wade is as comfortable debating the finer points of John Hughes's oeuvre, playing Pac-Man, or reciting Devo lyrics as he is scrounging power to run his OASIS rig.

And then Wade stumbles upon the first puzzle.

Suddenly the whole world is watching, and thousands of competitors join the hunt--among them certain powerful players who are willing to commit very real murder to beat Wade to this prize. Now the only way for Wade to survive and preserve everything he knows is to win. But to do so, he may have to leave behind his oh-so-perfect virtual existence and face up to life--and love--in the real world he's always been so desperate to escape
.

It's not as bad as it seems. I'm anti-video game

Add: *cringes*

and this is still probably my favorite book. GIVE IT A TRY!!!!!  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ready-player-one-ernest-cline/1100055635 Go on...click on the link...You know you want to.

My own personal review:

I only read this book to impress my mom at first.
She was unconvinced (in my opinion) that I could plow through an adult book at 11 years of age (it was as easy as pie, by the way) and I wanted ot prove her wrong.
And then...well things started to change...
At first it was the sweat palpitations...
And then the reacurring dreams...
And then the reading in the middle of the night...
And...
And...
I was hooked.
Hands down, sufocatedly, hooked.
I needed that book every moment of the day.

ZING!
BOOM!
POW!

Everything changed.  The book exploded into life and the characters became real and...I just can not describe the feeling.
Perfect book.
Anyway, I usually get corny around here so...Yeah. Read the book.

Divergent,  A distopian triligy.

In Beatrice Prior’s dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is—she can’t have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris, and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together, they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are—and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes-fascinating, sometimes-exasperating boy fits into the life she’s chosen. But Tris also has a secret: one she’s kept hidden from everyone, because she’s been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly-perfect society, she also learns that her secret might be what helps her save those she loves . . . or it might be what destroys her.

This one seems....boring. BUT IT'S NOT!
This is going to sound completely and totally insane but my BOOK BOYFRIEND LIVES IN THIS STORY! AND THATS NOT EVEN HALF OF IT!
This book has no words to describe. The blurb explains all of it. If I say a word I will blab and blab and blab full of spoilers so....Here: NOW!
http://www.amazon.com/Divergent-Veronica-Roth/dp/0062024027
(^.^ I'm halfway through the second book!)

So...yeah...
Welcome to Laneyland!

~ Laney Fuego




No comments:

Post a Comment